Creative Media Production (E-Sports) Level 3 UAL
What will you be working towards?
This course is designed to give you a thorough introduction to E-Sports as well as new evolving online media. At present over 50% of the UK is gaming and there is an ever-increasing industry that is emerging as a result, short form content and live streaming are replacing traditional media content. This course offers students the ability to apply creative media production techniques to online content in the form of streaming competitive matches, creating vlogs, editing replays, creating promotional material, writing reviews, and learning about the industry.
There are a range of transferable skills throughout the course that range from teamwork, communication, networking, organisation, time keeping, strategy, active listening, critical thinking, and work ethic under pressure. As well as these skills students will also learn about filming, editing, graphic design, journalism, marketing, web design and more.
Students will be encouraged to enter various tournaments and competitions throughout the course and creative projects will be part of this to make sure everything they do counts towards their career.
If you have any questions or are unsure where this course could take someone, please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a call to go over course content.
How will it be delivered?
A range of methods, which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews, continually assesses course work. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are over 3 days each week.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
• You should be at least 16 years of age
• A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, or a Merit at UAL L2 Diploma in Creative Media Production & Technology, or Level 2 BTEC Extended Diploma or equivalent
• GCSE English language grade C/4 or above is essential and GCSE Maths grade C/4 or above is highly desirable
• A reference is required
If you are under 18 - As well as the above requirements an online interview including your parent/guardian will be required to run through the demands of the course and set out required expectations.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• BA/BSc/FdA at a Higher Education institution
• Apprenticeships within the wider commercial/ creative based industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• Employment e.g. broadcast production, analyst, events management, PR/Marketing, Production Manager, Journalist, Content Creator, Pro Gamer, Shoutcaster/host, editor, director and graphic designer.