This course is suitable for those who wish to progress into electrical and/or mechanical engineering.
The course is designed with Anglian Water Alliances with the specific aim of progressing into work with them.
On successful completion you will be guaranteed an interview with the alliance for their apprenticeship program which can then lead onto higher education and degree courses.
The majority of study will be at the Wisbech campus, delivered by college tutors, through practical and theory based sessions.
In addition to this, industry specialists from the alliance will contribute to the learning programme. An important element of the course is the work placement component, which will be with one or more of the alliance companies, where you will gain some valuable work experience.## Units and modules
You will study the below units:
- Engineering and environmental health and safety
- Maintenance engineering principles
- Computer aided design (CAD) techniques
- Engineering mathematics
- Metal inert gas, metal active gas (MIG/MAG) welding
- Maintenance of mechanical systems
- General engineering maintenance techniques
- Mechanical engineering principles
- Engineering design process
- Engineering communications
There will be a series project assignments and tests over the duration of the course.
You will need:
- GCSE Maths at grade 5 or above
- At least four other GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English
If you are aged 19 or older, relevant industry experience may be accepted. You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.