If you are interested in pursuing a career in engineering, this course is for you, providing advanced study to enable you to progress into employment or further study.
This qualification has been developed to provide you with an advanced knowledge and understanding of the practices of engineering technologies.
Units and modules
You will study the below units:
- Engineering and environmental health and safety
- Maintenance engineering principles
- Computer aided design (CAD) techniques
- Engineering mathematics
- Metal inert gas, metal active gas (MIG/MAG) welding
- Maintenance of mechanical systems
- General engineering maintenance techniques
- Mechanical engineering principles
- Engineering design process
- Engineering communications
There will be a series project assignments and tests over the duration of the course.
You will need:
- GCSE maths at grade 5
- 4 other GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English
If you are aged 19 or older, relevant industry experience may be accepted.
You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.