If you wish to pursue a professional career in architecture, quantity surveying, building services design, surveying or construction management, then this is the course for you.
The units covered over the two years of the course include:
- Construction Principles (Double unit)
- Construction Design (Double unit)
- Tendering and Estimating (Double unit)
- Construction Technology
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Surveying in Construction
- Graphical Detailing in Construction
- Building Regulations and Control
- Management of a Construction Project
- Building Surveying in Construction
- Site Engineering for Construction
- Provision of Primary Services in Construction
- Construction in Civil Engineering
- Planning Application Procedures
- Conversion, Adaptation & Maintenance
Units are mostly assessed through internal assignments but the three double units are assessed by externally set exams or projects.
You will need:
- 5 GCSEs grades at grade 4 (C) or above, including maths and English.
If you are aged 19 or older, relevant industry experience may be accepted. You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.