This course is for those who are interested in Computing and Information Technology (IT). You do not need to have any previous experience with computers, as this course will prepare you from the very beginning.
The course is intended as a practical 'hands on' programme to help you prepare for further study before going into a career in the IT field and includes some elements of personal and social development.
Modules include the following:
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Creating a Website
- Developing a Computer Program
- Creating a Spreadsheet to Solve Problems
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Solving Technical IT Problems
There are a number of internal assessments for this qualification.
Additionally there will be external exams for functional English and maths.
You will need:
- 3 or more GCSEs at grade 2 (E) or higher
- Entry level qualifications
You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.