If you're interested in working with children or in the health and social care sector, this course is for you. It will develop your knowledge and awareness of health, social care and children's and young people's settings.
You will study a range of units, including:
- Types of health, social care and children's settings
- Job roles in a range of settings
- Understanding principles and values required in various job roles
- Safeguarding of individuals
- Communication skills
- Equality and inclusion
- Health and safety
Assessment of the course will be carried out in a number of ways. You will be required to work on practical activities, work as part of a group, complete written assignments, prepare activities and displays, discuss and evaluate your work. Students need to achieve a pass level in all units to achieve their qualification. All students will be expected to complete some work placement or volunteering opportunities.
You will need:
- 3 or more GCSEs at grade 2 (E) or higher, or entry level qualifications.
You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.