This programme is designed to provide you with a sound knowledge and skills base to prepare you for a wide range of careers in the landbased sector.
The programme content includes:
- Safe and effective working
- Industrial experience
- Develop performance in landbased industries
- Maintain the health and wellbeing of animals
- Feeding and watering Maintenance of accommodation
- Handling and restraint
A period of external work placement will also be completed within this programme.
Assessment is continuous throughout the programme. Each unit is assessed by a variety of methods, including assignments, practicals, presentations, tests and a portfolio of evidence.
You will also need to complete an online test on Health and Safety and effective working, which can be achieved at Pass, Merit or Distinction level.
You will need 3 or more GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or higher, including English and Maths Or Entry Level qualifications.
You may be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.
The College of West Anglia offers many opportunities to continue studying from entry level through to degrees at University Centre West Anglia.
Some of the courses available for those who have successfully completed this course include:
- Horse Care (Equine Studies) - Level 2 (Diploma) (Cambridge)
- Diploma in Animal Care - Level 2 (Cambridge / Wisbech)
- Technical Animal Care - Level 2 (Cambridge)