The WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma Criminology (offered alongside our A-Level programme) will help you gain an understanding of criminology and the study of crime.
The course will consist of traditional teaching where students will be encouraged to listen, read and access information, developing a critical awareness of criminology and the ability to analyse and evaluate crime and social policy.
The course will be made up of four modules, with two being assessed by examinations taken in Year 1 and two in Year 2.
- Unit 1: Changing Awareness of Crime
- Unit 2: Criminological Theories
- Unit 3: Crime Scene to Courtroom
- Unit 4: Crime and Punishment
You will need:
For the generic A-Level Programme you will need:
- GCSE grade 4 or above in English Language and Maths, plus at least 3 more GCSEs at grade 5 or above
For this specific A-Level you will need:
- GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths, Grade 5 or above in English Language and at least 3 others at grade 5 or above