Creative Media Production (Animation & VFX) Level 3 UAL
Arts, Media and Publishing
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
This course is designed to address a large skills shortage within the UK's Creative Industries sector as a there is a growing need for animators, visual effects artists and digital filmmakers in the film, television and games industry. Students enrolled on this course will develop a broad skillset within these areas through a series of short projects written for students in order to develop a strong portfolio for progression to University and the creative industry.
Year 1, UAL L3 Diploma
UCAS Points – Pass (36) Merit (60) Distinction (84)
The first year of the course will introduce students to the required skills to be able to create animations and apply visual effects. Students will write, direct and edit their own traditional and digital animations whilst researching and developing their knowledge of the industry and how they can better focus their skills to suit a growing and thriving industry.
Year 2, UAL L3 Extended Diploma
UCAS Points – Pass (72) Merit (120) Distinction (168)
Year 2 is focused on students developing a professional portfolio of work, researching potential progression routes either through University or Careers and engaging in higher level creative projects as individuals to establish their own style of work and showcase their talent.
How will it be delivered?
A range of methods, which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews, continually assesses course work. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are over 5 days each week.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
• You will need 4 GCSEs at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), or Level 2 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production, Level 2 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma in Creative Media.
• GCSE English language grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) is essential and GCSE Maths grades 9 - 4 (A* - C) is highly desirable.
• To show at Welcome Event an interest in the animation and/or visual effects industry through conversation and potential portfolio
• We would like to see what inspires you to pursue a career in animation and visual effects. Think about what draws you to this career path, what you aim to learn on this course and what you most appreciate about the art form.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
This qualification helps you to progress on to:
• BA in animation, visual effects, games design, graphic design and more
• apprenticeships within the wider creative based industries