Business and Law Level 3
Business, Administration and Law
What will you be working towards?
||National Foundation Diploma (BTEC)
The programme comprises of a National Extended Diploma in Business and Extended Certificate in Applied Law with a combined equivalent to 4 A Levels, and appropriate for students who have a collective interest in both Business and Law.
The course is delivered over two years and students will develop a range of skills and knowledge that will help them progress into varied fields within both Business and Law.
A sample of what you will study over your programme will be:
• Business finance and management
• Event management and marketing
• Disputes in civil law
• Investigating criminal law and the legal system
• Exploring business and customer service
• Employment law, contract law and consumer law
• Recruitment and selection
• Work experience
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost of £300 to cover these trips as well as covering costs of day trips or residential and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
How will it be delivered?
Coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are over 3 days each week. There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
• There will be 6 exams to be taken over the two-years of the programme
• The result of the course is assessed through coursework, work-experience, practical work and portfolio building
• You will benefit from teachers with industry experience
• You will participate in trips and guest speakers from industry to enrich your learning experience
You will need one of the following qualifications
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, OR
- A BTEC Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma, OR
- A Level 2 NVQ in a related subject e.g. Administration or customer service
- Grade 4 or above in both English and Maths is essential for this programme
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
This qualification helps you to progress on to
• HNC Level 4 Business Management
• BA (Hons) Business
• BSc (Hons) Business Finance
• BSc (Hons) Human Resources
• LLB Law Degree
• BA (Hons) Events Management
• BA (Hons) Marketing
• Business Management
• Project Manager
• Events Manager
• Human Resources Officer
Please note in order to progress to a Level 4/5 HNC/D BTEC Diploma in Business you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.