Creative Practice, Art, Design/Photography & Communication (QCF) Level 3
Arts, Media and Publishing
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
Year 1, UAL L3 Diploma
UCAS Points – Pass (36) Merit (60) Distinction (84)
The Diploma in Creative practice, Art and Design will build on your previous art experiences and will give you the opportunity to develop, broaden and strengthen your skills. You will be encouraged to work on your own initiative, learn to think independently and solve problems with flair.
The Study Programme will also help you get together a great portfolio of work, full of exciting ideas through:
• The application of art and design is taught delivered as projects based assignments, covering the fundamentals of art and design language, the formal elements: line, tone, shape, form, structure, pattern, scale and colour etc.
• Investigation into a broad range of materials, techniques and processes taught in well-equipped inspirational 2D & 3D studios and workshops: Observational drawing / life- drawing, printmaking, textiles, 3D model making, sculpture, ceramics, fine art illustration, photography dark-room as well as digital image manipulation based within a dedicated Apple Mac. Suite,
• Devised creative industry scenarios and live assignments: e.g. collaborative projects the wider creative industries across college and within the community. Industry ready skills, competitions, structured /self-directed project management and independent study around self-promotion.
• Creative digital practice, image-manipulation to support the design realisation process is based within a dedicated Apple Mac. / PC suites.
You will study the following units:
• Creative process
• Developing creative practice
• Responding to a set brief
How will it be delivered?
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
4 GCSEs (Grade C or above) which should ideally include Maths and/or English. You are welcome to bring along a portfolio of your artwork, although this is not a rep-requisite. You will need to choose which route you wish to undertake - ART or PHOTOGRAPHY.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
After successful completion of this study programme you can progress onto the Level 4 Foundation Diploma, attend higher education at University or gain employment within the industry.