Business Level 3
Business, Administration and Law
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
This course will give you knowledge and experience of a range of transferable business skills, techniques and attributes so that you can specialise in an area of business that interests you. You will be carrying out a period of work experience which will enable you to put your theory into practice and enhance your CV.
Explore, challenge and develop your
- understanding of the business world e.g. funding, tax, identifying potential markets, grants, business set up loans, costing, marketing strategies, business planning, pitching, research techniques, enterprise skills and developing innovative ideas
- ability to plan and shape your business ideas e.g. start up, marketing and selling your ideas to potential sponsors and partners
- networks by interacting with existing entrepreneurs and business leaders in our community and learning the secrets of a successful business, pitfalls to avoid and managing ambition with a work life balance
- English and Maths through either a GCSE Pathway or GCSE retake programme
- English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
- employability skills e.g. project management, communication, interpersonal skills, team working, problem solving plus an ability to plan, shape, market and sell your business ideas. You will become a pro-active, self-motivated, autonomous individual with an entrepreneurial attitude
Compulsory residential activities to develop team work and practical skills are an integral part of the course. There is an additional cost of £300 to cover these trips as well as covering costs of day trips or residential and guest speakers. This charge is to be paid at enrolment and is non-refundable. The Learner Support Fund is available and could help assist in paying towards these fees.
How will it be delivered?
Coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are over 3 days each week. There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
You will need one of the following qualifications
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades 9 - 4 (A* - C), including English or Maths, OR
- A BTEC Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate or First Diploma, OR
- A Level 2 NVQ in a related subject e.g. Administration or customer service
You will also need evidence of commitment and good attendance.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
This qualification helps you to progress on to
- BA/BSc/FdA at a Higher Education institution or HNC/D Business at Cambridge Regional College
- apprenticeships within the wider commercial industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
- employment e.g. trainee manager in retail, junior accountancy, financial services (insurance) and internships
Please note in order to progress to a Level 4/5 HNC/D BTEC Diploma in Business you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.