Business Level 2
Business, Administration and Law
What will you be working towards?
||Other Regulated/Accredited Qualification
This course will give you a range of transferable business skills and allows you to specialise in an area of business that interests you. You will be carrying out work experience which will enable you to put your theory into practice and enhance your CV.
NB. The Level 2 qualification has moved to the New Generation suite and now includes a range of externally examined units e.g. paper based, online or controlled assessments assessed internally/externally.
An opportunity to develop your
• business awareness e.g. creating new business ideas and how different organisations function
• communication using oral and written forms such as email, reports, summaries, letters and presentations
• understanding of the world of business e.g. an ability to read, summarise and communicate key points to various personnel
• understanding of the purpose and ownership of business e.g. plc, Ltd, charities and how they are marketed plus enterprise and customer service skills
• English and Maths through either GCSE Pathway or GCSE retake programme
• English, Maths and IT skills through the vocational assignments
• employability skills e.g. good interpersonal skills, team working, self-motivation and problem solving
• compulsory residential visit.
A variety of units will be studied during the course. Some examples include Enterprise in the Business World/Finance for Business/Principles of Marketing/Customer Service.
How will it be delivered?
Internally assessed coursework is continually assessed by a range of methods which may include projects, assignments, case studies, course work, self-assessment, feedback from clients and panel reviews. Grades from Pass, Merit, Distinction may be awarded to course work.
The Study Programmes are 3 days each week.
There is regular one to one tutorial provision.
You will need one of the following qualifications
• 3 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above, or
• Level 1 Diploma in Business qualification
You will also need evidence of commitment and good attendance.
In addition to the entry qualifications listed, the offer of a place on the course is subject to the outcomes of initial assessment, which will be taken at the College as part of the admissions process. Please note that entry criteria may vary quite significantly between courses at the same level. This is to take account of the specific skills needed for success on particular courses, the length of the course and the requirements for progression to the next level. Entry criteria are given as a guide, and the exact requirements in order to obtain a place on a particular course will be confirmed following attendance at a Welcome Event/Interview.
Your next steps...
This qualification helps you to progress on to
• the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma Study Programmes in Business or Enterprise and Entrepreneurship or a Foundation AAT full-time course
• traineeships, apprenticeships within the wider commercial industries and supported through Cambridge Regional College
• employment e.g. retail sales assistant, trainee supervisor
Please note in order to progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma in Study Programmes in Business you will need to achieve a minimum Pass for your Level 2 BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate.