Our level 3 equine courses are for learners who are interested in developing the specific technical and professional skills and knowledge that will lead to meaningful employment in the equine industry.
You will study a minimum of nine optional units which may include:
- Understand and promote animal health
- Undertake and review work related experience in land-based industries
- Select, fit and evaluate horse tack and equipment
- Prepare horses for presentation
- Undertake stable and yard management
- Work horses from the ground
- Understanding the principles of equitation
- Prepare horses for transportation
- Riding and exercising horses
- Riding horses on the flat
- Riding horses over fences
- Undertaking equestrian teaching
This programme is continually assessed by a combination of written exams, synoptic assessments, assignment work and demonstration of competence in a range of practical tasks.
You will need:
5 or more GCSEs at grade 4 or higher, including English and maths, or a relevant level 2 qualification. You will need 10 days industry work experience with an appropriate reference. If you are aged 19 or older, relevant industry experience may be accepted. You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you. If you choose to take the ride pathway of this course, your riding level will need to be equivalent to BHS Stage 2 or Pony Club C+ Test.