This course is designed to give you all the practical skills needed to become a dog grooming assistant. This course covers all of the essential aspects of preparing, bathing and drying of all breeds and coat types, as well as the health and safety and animal welfare required in a grooming salon.
The programme content includes:
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coat for styling
- Deliver basic treatments to animals
- Maintain the cleanliness and bio security of the animal care working environment
- Full time learners will be in college - external work placement hours from 60 hours within the year.
Assessment is continuous throughout the programme. Each unit is assessed by a variety of methods including assignments, practicals and exams.
You will need: 4 or more GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or higher Or: A relevant Level 1 qualification You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.