This course is for young people aged 16 - 18 years old who want to improve their language skills for further study at the college or employment.
The course will emphasise Language skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening in a variety of contexts. Numeracy and ICT will also be taught. Vocational workshop tasters and work experience will be included where possible.
Better English will:
- Give you the language and study skills you need to progress to a vocational course, A-level, access course or university degree
- Improve your skills and confidence at home and work
- Help you to apply for jobs
- Help you work in a team
- Help you to learn about life in the UK
- Give you the skills to gain a nationally recognised qualification in language.
We also offer a part-time equivalent of the ESOL course for students aged 19 or over starting each September. Therefore, if the number of places on the full-time course is limited, priority will be given to 16-18 year olds.
The qualification is assessed with reading, written and verbal assignments.