If you are interested in a career in computing in specialist areas such as systems analysis, software development, database development, technical support, network management, and web development, this course is for you.
This is a two year programme, with example units including:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- IT Systems Security & Encryption
- Business Application of Social Media
- Website Development
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- Software Design and Development Project
- The Impact of Computing
- Human-computer Interaction
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Networking
- Managing and Supporting Systems
Where opportunities naturally occur, you will be able to study towards the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification, and if making sufficient progress you will be given the opportunity to take the Microsoft examinations.
Two of the first year modules are examined. All other modules are assessed via coursework (a range of technical reports and project based work).Coursework will be either externally or internally assessed.
You will need:
5 or more GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or higher, including English and mathsOr:
A merit in a full level 2 computing qualification and grade 4 in English and mathsYou will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.