If you wish to enter employment at assistant level within the childcare sector or progress to a higher level of study or apprenticeship, this course is for you.
The course content includes a range of units including:
- Child and young person development
- Promoting positive environments for children and young people
- Early years practice
- Promoting children's positive behaviour
There are also optional units, which could include:
- Health and safety
- Supporting language and literacy development
- Making healthy food choices for children
- Working in the Early Years sector
- Personal development in heath, childcare and social care settings
The course is assessed by a range of methods, which may include projects, booklets, posters, assignments, case studies and coursework. There are also two exams.Learners must also complete a work placement as laid down in the course specification criteria.Each unit will be graded Pass/Merit/Distinction.
You will need:
4 or more GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or higher. Ideally students will have Maths or English at Grade 4 (C) or above.
A satisfactory DBS check Or:
A relevant Level 1 qualification and qualifications in English and Maths
A satisfactory DBS checkYou will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you