This course is designed to help you embark on a career in the beauty profession. All relevant aspects of beauty therapy are covered over the year and leads to the diploma qualification.
Subjects covered include:
- 201 - Anatomy and physiology
- 202 - Principles of Practice for Beauty Therapists
- 203 - Hair Removal Treatments
- 204 - Facial & skin analysis treatments
- 205 - Manicure services
- 206 - Pedicure services
- 207 - Lightcured Gel Polish
- 208 - Lash & Brow treatments
- 209 - Applying makeup Optional unit(s):
- 211 - Tanning Treatments
There are four types of assessment:
Demonstration of practical competence
Online testsA portfolio of work is built up during the time spent at college.
You will need:
4 or more GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or higher, preferably including English and MathsOr:
*A relevant level 1 qualificationIf you are aged 19 or older, relevant experience may be accepted.You will be invited to an interview to help us ensure the course is right for you.