Some of the content covered includes: -
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Students will follow a programme which combines class teaching with small group work, discussion, video material, IT and research projects. Homework will be regularly set to aid learning and develop self-study skills. The course will be assessed by three 2 hour exams covering all content above involving, multiple choice, data response, short answers and essay questions.
You will need:
5 or more GCSEs at grade 5 (B) and above including English, Maths and Business.
(If Business has not been previously studied then a 5 (B) is required in a supporting subject such as English Lang/Lit, Maths, Geography, RE, History)