Drama is a practical, engaging and creative subject. Studying drama will provide you with opportunities to interrogate drama and the work of others, to explore a range of drama as a practical art form, and to work independently to create your own drama performances making informed artistic choices.
There will be four components:
Practitioners in practice (40%)
- Research and practically explore practitioners and the work of others
- Creating, devising and performing original theatre
Exploring and Performing texts (20%)
- Explore one performance text
- Performing live theatre
Analysing Performance (20 %)
- Explore practically two performance texts on a chosen theme
- Analyse and evaluate a live theatre performance
Deconstructing texts for performance (20%)
- Interpret and explore practically a performance text in order to consider how to create, develop and direct a performance for an audience
Learners are required to study five different texts in this course.
At least 5 GCSE Grades 9 - 4 to include English & Maths; and Grade 5 or above in English Lit and Drama.