Civil Engineering Technician L3 Apprenticeship Standard
Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
What will you be working towards?
Our Civil Engineering apprenticeship is designed for those who work in or are about to start working in a job role related to civil engineering. You will learn about site safety, construction technology, structural mechanics, sustainable construction, highway construction, computer aided design amongst other subjects. This apprenticeship is delivered mostly in the workplace and you will attend college one day per week during term time.
Knowledge & Skills
You will develop the following knowledge & skills to Level 3 standard by completing a range of mandatory and optional units including:
• Management and Leadership in Civil Engineering
• Commercial Awareness in Civil Engineering
• Health, Safety and Welfare for Civil Engineers
• Techniques and Procedures and Methods for Civil Engineering Tasks
• Sustainable Development for Finalising Civil Engineering Solutions
• Independent Judgement and Responsibility in Civil Engineering
• Interpersonal Skills and Communication in Civil Engineering
• Mathematics in Construction
• Construction Technology
• Structural Mechanics
• Computer Aided Design
• Civil Engineering Construction
You will take part in additional learning elements such as:
• The technical certificate of the apprenticeship
• Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English (unless exempt)
• Employment rights and responsibilities
• Personal learning and thinking skills
How will it be delivered?
How is it assessed?
This apprenticeship is assessed in the workplace using a variety of methods including observation, questioning, professional discussions and candidate work products and statements.
How is it delivered?
This apprenticeship is delivered mostly in the workplace with college day release one day per week during term time
Manual and technical skills are important in the engineering sector; maths, IT and science are often relevant. You need to be good at following instructions and working as part of a team, but engineers in particular need to use their own initiative to solve problems.
- Minimum Grade 4/C GCSE Maths, English & Science
- Level 2 in Functional Skills
Your next steps...
This apprenticeship is ideal for a wide variety of job roles relating to the civil engineering and construction industry